Today’s window replacements are an energy efficient way to increase the style, beauty, and functionality of a home. With proper maintenance windows can be trouble free for as long as you own your home. For 30 years, Albuquerque window replacement company Glass-Rite has specialized in manufacturing and installing a range of custom aluminum and vinyl replacement windows and glass. Also a distributor of Jeld-Wen premium clad wood windows, Glass-Rite is centrally located in Albuquerque but serves all of New Mexico and Southern Colorado.
Glass-Rite recommends the following window replacement maintenance tips to maximize the shine and performance of your investment:
- Keep your home well ventilated avoiding excess humidity to prevent condensation.
- Vacuum or dust window tracks and sills to keep panels operating and weep holes free of debris ensuring adequate drainage.
- Use high quality silicone caulk around windows if you see any gaps or shrinkage.
- Lubricate rollers, hinges, and locks periodically with a light machine oil.
- Wash window frames bi-annually using a soft cloth or bristle brush and a mild detergent; never use cleaners containing abrasive ingredients and always rinse and dry after washing.
- Clean glass with glass cleaner or vinegar diluted in 8 parts water. Avoid harsh cleaners.
- Clean window screens using a soft brush attachment while vacuuming.
Glass-Rite designs and manufactures our New Mexico window replacements for optimal performance in the local climate where temperatures fluctuate widely between hot and cold. Regardless of whether you have Glass-Rite replacements or another provider, make sure you do preventative maintenance to ensure long-lasting replacement windows that function properly. And if you haven’t yet replaced those old style, inefficient windows we hope you will select a quality window from Glass-Rite. We know windows and you can follow our blog for window maintenance tips as well as other ideas. Our windows are made for you. Contact us today for a free estimate on replacement windows for your home.