According to the U.S. Department of Energy, your heating and cooling systems contributes to more than half of the energy used in the average home. But did you know you can save energy, lower monthly bills, and keep your home comfortable year round with energy efficient windows?
Glass-Rite of New Mexico provides the following tips for selecting replacement windows; the keys factors are to look for replacements that save energy by reducing heat loss in winter and keep warm air out in summer:
- Check National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) labels: Read NFRC labels when comparing windows. Look for the information on window ratings for the U-factor, which calculates the rate of heat loss, and the solar heat gain coefficient (SHGC), which measures the amount of heat gain; choose windows with low ratings for both to maximize energy savings.
- Purchase high performance windows: consider installing windows that have at least 2 panes of glass, a low-e coating, and an insulating gas fill— like argon—for additional energy savings.
Glass-Rite’s custom EnergyQuest windows are a high quality energy saving option with the following features:
- Non-conductive, heavy duty vinyl frames with a depth of 3 ¼ inches, hollow chambers to increase insulation and strength, and a ¾ inch insulated glass; available in white or almond and colored throughout, the frames do not show scratches and will never need painting;
- Glass options that include solar control and a low-e coating for increased energy savings;
- Frames and sashes that are fusion welded at all four corners for maximum strength and durability, as well as zero air or water leakage;
- Metal reinforcements where locks screw to the frame ensuring stability to prevent warping;
- An interlocking sash design between sashes protecting against wind and water infiltration;
- A reinforced meeting rail that provides strength, yet built with a narrow site-line to maximize light and the outside view.
Since 1984, Glass-Rite has manufactured and installed replacement vinyl windows for residents all over New Mexico and Southern Colorado. With over 65% of our business coming from referrals or repeat customers, the service we provide with our 30 years of experience and product knowledge is unsurpassed. Contact us today for a free, no obligation estimate, or stop by our factory and showroom for an up close view of energy saving windows in action.